- 20 Crostini
Goat Cheese, Caramelized Onions and Truffled Honey Crostini
- 1 French baguette, cut into 1/2" slices
- 3 large Spanish onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tbsp. olive oil, plus extra for brushing baguette slices
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Sherry vinegar
- (2) 4 oz Joan of Arc Fresh Goat Cheese
- 2 tablespoons truffled honey, regular honey, or favorite jam
- salt and pepper, to taste
- choice of herbs, to garnish
- Pre heat your oven to 425° F and arrange oven rack in the middle.
- In a large sauté pan, heat one tablespoon of olive oil and two tablespoons butter, over medium high heat, until the butter melts. Add the sliced onions, lower the heat to medium, and cook until translucent. Add the vinegar and the brown sugar. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 30 to 45 minutes or until the onions caramelize. They should be a rich, browned color. If they start drying out during cooking, add a little water. Season with salt and pepper and reserve.
- While onions are cooking, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set the baguette slices in a single layer and brush them with olive oil. Bake for 8 minutes or until golden and crisp. Remove from oven to assemble.
- Assemble your crostini with the caramelized onions and a slice of goat cheese on each baguette slice. Turn your broiler on, and broil the crostini for 3 minutes, just so the goat cheese melts slightly. Remove baking sheet from oven, and finish off the crostini by drizzling the honey or jam, and garnishing with your favorite herbs.
Any variety of Joan of Arc Goat Cheese will work in this recipe.